We’ve all said it..”They don’t make ’em like they used to”
That’s true for a lot of things…But not everything!
At Midstate Turf & Tractor, I talk to a lot of folks that need more than a lawn mower but don’t have the room or the budget for a compact tractor. Many times the homeowner tries to get by with an old tractor like a Ford 8N or an old Farmall A. But they quickly find that these old machines are difficult to operate and need a LOT of room to turn around (not to mention the costly maintenance of a 70 year old tractor) The remedy for this problem is the Cub Cadet XT3.
This is my hands-down favorite tractor from Cub Cadet. It has everything you could want for mowing the lawn and a whole lot more. It gives you a variety of cutting decks, plus a huge selection of implements & attachments.
I love it when I look under a new XT3 and see the same high quality components Cub Cadet was using 40+ years ago! I’ve listed some of GSX’s best features here.
- SHAFTED DRIVELINE. Just like a car or truck, the XT3 has a driveshaft connecting the engine to the rear axle. Not belts like other lawn tractors.
- CAST IRON TRANSAXLE. This is a super strong transmission with a locking differential that provides power to both rear wheels when doing chores like rototilling, box scraping or mowing on steep terrain.
- KOHLER COMMAND 26 HP HORIZONTAL SHAFT ENGINE. Again, this set up is just like a car or truck. Power is transferred from the back of the engine. This is a much more powerful design than the others.
- POWER STEERING WITH TILT. This is a big, powerful garden tractor and the power steering definitely brings a new level of comfort and ease.
- POWER DECK LIFT. The cutting decks available for the GSX are heavy duty to say the least. I love being able to set the cutting height with just the push of a button. The system also lifts and lowers attachments.
- 7 CUTTING DECK OPTIONS. I don’t know of any machine from any company that offers that many options on 1 machine.
- FARM, LAWN & LANDSCAPE ATTACHMENTS. The options are endless for the XT3. Front dozer blades, rear box scraper blades, disc harrows, rototillers and the list goes on. The heavy, tractor frame and shaft drive design of the GSX makes it the only garden tractor on the market that can hold up to these types of attachments.
- RELIABILITY. How about a 4-year unlimited hours (includes powertrain) & 5-year chassis & front axle unlimited hours/limited lifetime fabricated deck shell.
- AFFORDABILITY. I’ve inserted a current PACKAGE DEAL that our assembly pro’s built. It comes with a 54″ CUTTING DECK, BOX BLADE, DISC, DOZER BLADE, DUMP CART & EQUIPMENT TRAILER. 0% Financing is available. (with approved credit)
If you think that the XT3 might be answer to your landscape chores, drop me a line!
Until next time,